A friend of mine recently posted on facebook a recipe that she had come across. Anything sweet and I've got to check it out. Well, today our little girl and I made them and I just had to share them....they are delicious! The original recipe is here and while I have kept pretty true to the original I did make a few minor changes.
- When I pre-heated the oven I put it on fan and kept the temperature at 180C.
- I pulled all my ingredients out and realised I didn't have any butter so I used margarine instead; it still worked.
- The recipe asks for alot of sugar - both caster and brown. Don't worry, just add it as they are not overly sweet at all.
- with the loose leaf tea, I used a chai mix
- I used 200g large dark chocolate buttons instead of the mix of white and milk choc.
- I used 2 large biscuit trays and used 1 heaped dessert spoon full of mix to create my biscuit leaving about a 5cm gap around each one and baking them all in 1 go for only 10minutes. When they were done I left them on the tray for 5 minutes and then cooled them completely on a cooling rack
enjoy! : )