Sunday, September 23, 2012

dreaming of paris

  
  
I can't quite remember where my desire to go to France came from. Whether it was my love of Art or pain au chocolat's! When I think about it I really can't recall where the idea started and why. The interior of my home is not overly french and I don't really eat french food; I think the most french thing I've eaten in a while is a croissant! I've travelled a little but I've not been to France as yet......but I dream of flying into Paris and going straight to a boulangerie and downing a croque monsieur!
 
 Many years ago, before I met my husband, an ex-boyfriend of mine was going to France with his brother and his brother's new wife. I asked him if he could buy me something from France. I remember at the time I had no idea what to ask for so I just said, " Anything French". He brought me back the Picasso mug you can see in the 3rd pic. I fell in love with it. I was so proud of this gorgeous mug.... It was  my small piece of Paris! and I have had it on show in every place that I have lived.
 
A few months back my Mother-in-law announced she was taking a trip to France. (It was to be just before the Tour de France, which was a double whammy for us as my husband is a bike guy!) I said the same thing to her as I'd said to my ex-boyfriend, "Bring me back anything French" and she did! She bought this beautifully simple silver bangle and had my name engraved on it and she found herself in an old antique place she saw the old soup ladel in the 2nd pic and thought of me! Gotta love French enamel!!
 




I also love looking through French stores on Etsy....places like French Find and Magalerie are always filled with beautiful, beautiful things!
Vintage photos Bordeaux, A booklet with small photos from Bordeaux, France by French Find

Titled: Eiffel Tower Paris by Magalerie


 
a girl can dream...............but if anyone has a spare ticket.....I'm there!
 
 
 
: )




4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Maria, I love being mentioned on your beautiful blog!

    If you have that ticket, you're welcome to pop by at our place.

    xx Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I am also obsessed with traveling to France! I studied French for many years and developed a fascination with all things French. I love watching French films, eating French food and I watch the Tour de France just to see the beautiful countryside. I am hoping to finally travel there next year - when I do I have a feeling I am going to want to live there!! YourFrench treasures are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring my photo Maria.
    I hope you have a chance to come to Paris soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one Kristy! Oh, the Tour De France was so beautiful. I totally agree! Those French chateaus!! and yes, you should definitely live there!!!! Have you read, Almost French by Sarah Turnbull? It's fab. I love it when she brings her french man home to Australia and a he sees a huge spider on her back (just a huntsman) and whacks her with the yellow pages! An Australian in Paris is always good reading : ) mxx PS Thank you Anne and Marion! Don't worry I will deffinitely be looking you girls up if I ever get there!!

    ReplyDelete