Monday, December 13, 2010

berry jelly with passionfruit 2 ways


We were off to Roseville to catch up with some friends and finally see their new home. As usual, I was put in charge of dessert. I wanted to make something a little different this time. Cakes in Summer can be a kinda hard work...(I can't believe I just said that!) So I turned my thoughts to something fresh and frosty!

I think this might be the easiest dessert I've ever made. Strawberries; blueberries; jelly; frozen yoghurt and passionfruit pulp - yep, that's it! SO simple and yet SO delicious.

ingredients

The amount of the ingredients depends on the size of your dish and how many people you are making this for - the following amounts will serve 4 adults and 4 children

2 x packets of aeroplane jelly(I used strawberry but you could use raspberry or whatever flavour you prefer)
1 punnet of blueberries, washed
1 punnet of strawberries, washed, topped and halved
Passionfruit frozen yoghurt
passionfruit pulp (either fresh or tinned is fine too)
That's it!

how to make your Berry jelly with passionfruit 2 ways


Make the jelly (or 2 if you have a really large dish - make them separately and then pour into the dish)
Next, throw the fruit into the jelly making sure you see the lovely red side of the strawberries. Pop in the fridge. When it's set, it's ready to rock'n'roll.

Make sure everyone is seated and the plates and spoons are out on the table. Grab your icecream scoop and scoop out beautiful rounds of the frozen yoghurt, moving quickly. Then throw over the passionfruit pulp and wah-lah. Done!

I really wanted to try some crumbled up toasted marshmallows over the top. You know the ones that have the toasted coconut! I thought it could work but didn't get time to try it out. See what you think! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment