Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Come to Mama - parsnip and pancetta pasta


I LOVE a good pasta dish. I hadn't tried this one before but I liked the idea of parsnips and rosemary with pancetta. It was a cold evening, why not give it a go I thought.

To a pot of salted water add your pasta. Now get everything else ready!
Grab a large saucepan and add 2 knobs of butter (you need an amount that you are comfortable with plus a little extra) Put it on a medium heat. When ready throw in 12 slices of pancetta torn apart along with about about a handful of fresh rosemary leaves(I added a bit less than this to be certain the flavour wouldn't take over but really I could have added more) heat through until fragrant and pancetta starting to crisp. Then throw in 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped and 2 medium parsnips that have been peeled and cut in half lengthways and then finely chopped lengthways. Give it another few minutes until the parsnip has softened. Strain your pasta then throw it into the saucepan and add some more butter (I think I slightly overdid it which you maybe able to tell by the pic but it was YUMMO) and add approx 2-3 cups of fresh parmasan (I did a mix of parmagiano regiano and parmasan)

served 2 adults and 2 kids and hubby had some leftovers for lunch the next day.

Thanks Jamie Oliver. This recipe is from 'Happy Days with the naked chef'

No comments:

Post a Comment